The Standards Committee is responsible for investigating an allegation that an elected Member has breached the Code of Conduct.

If you want to complain about the conduct of a Member of Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council or a Town Councillor, you may make a formal allegation to the Standards Committee through the Monitoring Officer. The Standards Committee and the Monitoring Officer deal with complaints about the behaviour of a Member. They will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the Members’ Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint, it must be about why you think a Member has not followed the Code of Conduct. The Monitoring Officer will consider how your complaint will be dealt with. The Localism Act 2011 supports the proportionate resolution of complaints. This may involve resolving complaints without a formal investigation and hearing.

A copy of the Code of Conduct for Maltby Town Council is available to download from the Governance Documents Page.

Complain about a councillor Online reporting form

Submit here