Coronation Park


Coronation Park was originally opened in the 1930’s by Maltby Urban District Council as Muglet Lane Recreation Ground and was renamed Coronation Park in 1953 to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. The park covers just over 2 and a half hectares.

Coronation Park is owned and maintained by Rotherham Borough Council it has a children’s play area, fitness apparatus and MUGA (multi use games area).

In 2011 RMBC were looking to close the bowling greens and tennis courts but at a Maltby Town Council meeting it was agreed that Maltby Town Council speak to RMBC with regard to taking over these facilities. The facilities became the responsibility of Maltby Town Council in October 2013.